1. This policy relates to the website with the domain name ‘http://www.wilsonjames.co.uk’ (the “Website”) belonging to Wilson James Ltd (“Wilson James”).
2. Wilson James (“We” or “Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
3. We do not capture personal information without your knowledge or permission. If you choose to provide us with your personal details through the submission of a CV or other documents, this information will be held by us securely in the UK. We agree to keep and process all your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws. This includes the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
4. This policy together with our terms and conditions of use (the “Terms”) and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us and how we use “cookies” as a result of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 (SI 2011/1208). Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
5. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and subsequently the GDPR 2018, the data controller is Wilson James registered office Chalkwell Lawns, 648-656 London Road, Westcliff-on-sea, Essex, SS0 9HR.
6. We may collect and process data about you including information that you provide by filling in any forms hosted on the site. This includes (without limitation) information provided when; subscribing to any service on the Website; posting material or enquires requesting further services, enquires relating to employment vacancies; details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access. If any changes are made to our site to further enable us to collect personal data, our policy will be updated to reflect this.
7. We may ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
8. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
9. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
10. Our Website uses ‘cookies’ to distinguish you from other users.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience.
A list of the cookies used on this website is set out below. By using our website, you agree that we can place these cookies on your device.
Third-party Google Analytics cookies
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google, to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites click here.
Cookies set by other third-party sites
We sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube and/or streams and buttons from Twitter and Facebook. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from these sites, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Wilson James does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these:
11. We use information held about you to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
12. The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Privacy Policies (Updated 18 May 2018)
648-656 London Road