Did you know that our workforce is made up of 5,000 people from over 75 nationalities, with wide ranging backgrounds and perspectives?
We’re proud of our history of promoting a healthy work-life balance, the many languages and backgrounds amongst us, our statistics on women in leadership, and so on. We’re committed to doing even more to drive positive change and ensure there is a place and opportunity for everyone at Wilson James and within society. That’s why we’ve taken steps to be more proactive about equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) within all parts of the business.
We joined Inclusive Employers in 2019, an organisation with a mission to help other organisations build truly inclusive workplaces through consultancy, training and thought leadership. We’re proud to have recently joined The Valuable 500; Wilson James is one of 500 companies committed to putting people with disabilities at the heart of their business leadership agenda, and to eradicating the exclusion of disabled people in business.
We have also introduced a new EDI steering group to give a strategic focus to this work and meaningfully engage across the business.
Our current EDI agenda priorities are:
- Awareness of the challenges faced by colleagues with hidden and/or visible disabilities
- Mental health awareness and support
- LGBT+ community engagement, in association with key client partners
In the next couple of months, we will:
- conduct a full review of all WJ policies to ensure they represent best practice in inclusion
- launch an EDI newsletter to keep you up to date on our progress and impact in these areas
- launch a series of EDI ‘toolbox talks’ to support managers
- publish a short, company-wide employee survey to get your feedback on how we can be a more equal, diverse and inclusive organisation; please do complete the survey – in it, you will be able to let us know if you’d like to get involved and become an EDI champion
In the meantime, please email ideas or suggestions about how we can improve inclusivity at Wilson James, and if you want to help champion this, to CSR@wilsonjames.co.uk.