The best ways to stay cool this summer
- The easiest way to keep cool is by wearing thin materials such as Cotton or linen. This really helps as they are both really breathable fabrics. It is best to keep the silk, satin and wool for the evenings when it is much cooler!
- Turn off the lights! Lights produce more heat and make a room a lot hotter. Lucky for us it doesn’t get dark until later on in the summer, so take advantage of the natural light as much as you can!
- Take a mild or cold shower! This will bring your entire body temperature down and is great before bed. However, make sure the shower isn’t too cold as this will make your body produce more heat to make up for the heat you lost.
- Close your curtains/blinds but leave the windows open! This will stop your room from heating up by the sun and keep it cooler as you will still get the fresh air from the windows being open.
- Just like keeping the lights off, try and refrain from over charging your small gadgets such as your phone and laptop. These gadgets let off heat when charging and will warm up your room more than you would think. Plug sockets also let off heat, so make sure that these are turned off to keep a cool room.
- Try and stay in air conditioned buildings as much as you can. However, a great way to keep rooms cool at home is by simply hanging up a wet sheet in front of an open window. The breeze blowing in will quickly bring down the room’s temperature.
- Run your wrists under a cold tap for five seconds each every couple of hours, because a main vein passes through this area, it helps cool the blood.
- Similar to running your wrists under water. Try and keep your feet cold by soaking them in cold water before bed. There are a lot of pressure points in your feet so this should cool your entire body down.
- A great way to get to sleep quickly is by simply putting your sheets in the freezer all day and getting them out when you are about to go to bed! This way you get into a nice cold bed.
- Do not forget to wear and reapply sunscreen throughout the day! If you burn you will be even hotter than you would be normally!
If your site has any stories you would like to share, please email email@example.com