Top 10 ways to stay healthy in the cold weather this winter
- Make sure that you wash your hands frequently, not only does this protect your immune system but it also protects you from having constant colds and flu. This is especially a top tip if you are on public transport a lot.
- Due to the days now being longer and the lack of sunlight, your body is more tired and demands more sleep. Use the evenings to relax after work and go to sleep earlier than usual to get the rest your body needs.
- Take Vitamin supplements, Vitamin C helps battle against cold and flu. This might be just the thing you need if you’re prone to colds in the winter.
- Eat more fruit and vegetables, winter can make you crave comfort food. However, it is important to still try eat healthy so that your body still get the nutrients it needs.
- Make sure that you have a hearty breakfast. This will give your body more energy to get through the cold day and also prevent you from snacking on unneeded treats.
- Keep active throughout winter. Although, it is tempting to stay indoors when it is cold, exercising is one of the best things you can do to keep fit, de stress and boost your immune system.
- One of the most obvious ways is, to wrap up warm. This is essential to staying healthy, as if your skin is exposed then you are more likely to get sick or get the flu. Layers are your best friend and don’t forget a hat, scarf and gloves.
- Drink lots of water! The winter may leave you feeling like you’re not thirsty, however, this is where dehydration could strike leaving you more vulnerable to getting sick.
- Make sure you take care of your skin. Going from cold weather to a warm house can really take its toll on your skin. Make sure you keep it moisturised and hydrated so it doesn’t dry out.
- Get social. Winter is a perfect time to organise dinner parties, Christmas outings and re connect with old friends that you may have not seen in a while. Being social with friends helps you de stress and improves your mental health.
If your site has any stories you would like to share, please email email@example.com