Time To Change
Top Tips to Help the Environment
- Instead of buying bags in store, use reuse bags such as a fabric tote bag instead of plastic. If everyone in the world did this then the world and ocean would be a lot cleaner!
- Walk or cycle instead of taking the car or public transport. If we can cut down on CO2 emissions then we may do a small part in stopping extreme weather and global warming going further.
- Cut down on the amount of paper you use. By using unnecessarily paper a lot of animals are losing their homes and we are losing a world with clear air. London is already polluted and if we carry on the air will be too toxic to walk along the street without masks, such as China.
- Use a reusable water bottle such as a Chilly Bottle. These are not that expensive and are great for summer as they keep your drink cold for up to 24 hours.
- Use a reusable coffee cup to cut down on the amount of plastic we use. Also, if you have a reusable coffee cup a lot of places now give you discount now, which is great if you’re trying to save money!
- Try not to buy into fast fashion as much, the fashion industry is the second biggest contribute to global warming. If we cut down on clothes, we cut down on CO2 emissions.
- Recycle more! Recycling is one of the easiest ways to help the planet and you can stop polluting the world by putting your bags, coffee cups, paper and more in a different bins.
- Make sure you turn off the lights that are not being used. Make it a new habit to always turn off the lights if you leave the room for more than 5 minutes, this will save so much energy and will really help the planet!
- Reduce the amount of water you use. Turn the tap off when you are brushing your teeth and don’t take long showers. This another really easy way to help the planet.
- Try and buy locally instead of ordering from abroad or online. This way you are reducing the amount of miles the garment or food is having to travel. This cuts down on the pollution released from any type of transport.
If your site has any stories you would like to share, please email email@example.com